Transferring Music

Transferring Music
    I don't know if this is a legit question or not but I am trying to transfer my music from one itunes on a computer to another itunes on another computer ... what would i need to do this from computer to computer and are mac and pc the same process?

Transferring Music
    Specs:
    MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
    hi,

mostly they are. just copy the complete iTunes library from your mac (or pc) and transfer it to the other pc. then change the library path if necessary. but you shouldn't experience any problem if you just replace one library with the other.
    My Mac Journey! Tips and Tricks I share with you - http://www.themacmania.com

Transferring Music

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMania View Post
    just copy the complete iTunes library from your mac (or pc) and transfer it to the other pc. then change the library path if necessary. but you shouldn't experience any problem if you just replace one library with the other.
    But you would still have to import each and every song into iTunes on the new PC, right?
    Is there an easy (one step) way to do this? (I know how to do that in Windows Media Player but have never figured that out in iTunes.)

Thanks!

Transferring Music
    If you have iTunes organizing your folders and music, the easiest would almost be to just drag n drop the music folder into iTunes. It will then copy the music to your startup drive and organize by artist, albums, ...

Transferring Music
    Specs:
    MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
    Quote Originally Posted by radckh View Post
    But you would still have to import each and every song into iTunes on the new PC, right?
    Is there an easy (one step) way to do this? (I know how to do that in Windows Media Player but have never figured that out in iTunes.)

Thanks!

when you make it your main library - no then you can just drag and drop and iTunes will copy your songs there.
    My Mac Journey! Tips and Tricks I share with you - http://www.themacmania.com

Transferring Music

Specs:
    Macbook Pro,
    If you have an iTunes account you could set up home sharing, you can share up to 5 computers once shared start iTunes on both systems and you just import the music (even allows you to see what music out of sync between the libraries). i connected my Macbook Pro to a Toshiba Portage Windows 7 with a LAN cable and had gigabit connection any copied all the songs over

Thread Information