Finance Refurb iPad?
    Hi everyone,

I've finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase an iPad, but as a Medical School student I'm looking to save as much as possible. I'd intended to purchase an iPad with an Apple student discount, but recently learned iPads don't qualify. I'm thinking of getting a refurbished iPad 2 instead. Does anyone know if it's possible to finance a refurbished iPad through Apple or even Best Buy?

Thanks!

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Wouldn't that make the iPad considerably more expensive? Like hundreds of dollars more (over time)?

I don't know if Apple's 90-day credit offer extends to the refurbished items, but on the whole if you really want to save money I'd suggest buying someone's "old" iPad 2 through a used local trading site. There are bound to be a LOT of such units coming up in the next week or so ...

Hey Chas...thanks for your reply.

The great thing about the financing option is that both Best Buy and Apple offer financing plans that are interest free for products less than $1,000 when the payment is made in full in 6 months. A great deal, I think, and I've been approved for both finance plans.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    It's a fine deal as long as you really DO pay it off in six months ... if something happens to disrupt that, it can be a nightmare though. Just sayin'.

Anyway, Best Buy can't sell refurbished Apple products (just "floor demos" and such) so that leaves Apple as your only option if you want a refurbished iPad 2.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmt0114 View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to finance a refurbished iPad through Apple or even Best Buy?
    The great thing about the financing option is that both Best Buy and Apple offer financing plans that are interest free for products less than $1,000 when the payment is made in full in 6 months.
    I'm sort of confused. Didn't you answer your 1st question with your 2nd post?

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Sorry for the confusion. I know it is possible to finance a new iPad... I'm trying to find out if it is also possible to finance a refurb.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Sorry for the confusion. I know it is possible to finance a new iPad... I'm trying to find out if it is also possible to finance a refurb.
    I don't see any reason why not. If you're purchasing the refurbed iPad from the Apple Store online (the only place I know to purchase an "officially" refurbed iPad)...Apples financing program should apply to anything sold (unless specifically identified as not qualifying).

By the way...this thread is around 5 days old...wouldn't it have been much faster to just have called Apple and ask them this question so you would have a 100% confident answer??

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information