New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Secondary Display Too Bright

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

simbuck00

simbuck00 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro and I am trying to show Powerpoint presentations on it through a plasma screen. It loads fine and is displayed on the screen but it is WAY too bright. It's like the visual signal is too strong. Brightness controls on the plasma screen don't resolve the issue and the screen on the Macbook is normal.

I plugged in a PC laptop in to see if it made a difference and this was displayed perfectly so it seems the problem is that the Mac is outputting such a strong signal that the screen can't handle it.

I have used a black Macbook in the past with no problem.

Any help appreciated, sorry if there is already an existing thread about this, I didn't really know what to type in to search for.
Many thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Try the contrast (not the brightness) controls on the Plasma. If that doesn't work, check your TV's manual for pre-set (usually "Advanced") controls that will let you adjust for "Computer" input.

A friend of mine's HDTV is the same way: Normal TV is at one setting, but plug in a computer and WOW is it bright. We eventually saved "presets" of each so we didn't have to recalibrate all the time.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need server for website | Safari: Open new tabs like in Firefox? »