New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

It's too pretty to throw out the window... yet

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TaraE278

TaraE278 is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody!

I'm a BRAND NEW Mac user. Just got an iPod touch for the first time a year ago. Then an iPhone about 3 months ago. LOVE them both. Figured I'd get an iMac since my PC has been acting up.

I don't know ANYTHING about this thing. My first question- I migrated all my stuff from my PC to my Mac. I did NOT do it during initial setup. When I DID do it, it created a second user. I would have no problem just using that user BUT I already bought and downloaded Microsoft Office for Mac on the OTHER user.

I've had this thing in my posession for less than 24 hours and I already want to give up. I know they are superior to any other computer out there but I just need some help!!!

I have a feeling this forum will by my new home!

Tara
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Perhaps this link will help:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2600987

It does say Snow Leopard, but I think it should be similar in Lion.
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Quote:
I would have no problem just using that user BUT I already bought and downloaded Microsoft Office for Mac on the OTHER user.
It should have installed itself in the system wide Applications folder that any user can access. Open a new Finder window, click on Applications in the sidebar on the left and look if you can't find it as it should be there.
If it is just drap and drop it to all the way to the bottom of the Dock (Bottom Screen by default), wait until the other apps side out of the way and let go, and use it

And hang in there, it takes awhile to learn Mac OS but once you do it'll be easy!

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Please see the other thread you started on the same topic. Avoid duplicate-posting, please.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Abhorrently slow install? | Time Machine or not?? »