New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

100% Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Spellbinder

Spellbinder will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mid-2011 27'' iMac, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I purchased my iMac in October, '11. Had Windows 7 via Bootcamp. Used it a little the first few weeks for a program that I could not find a Mac alternative for. After some searching (and with some advice from these forums) I found it. Haven't logged on to Windows in more than a month. I finally ditched Windows completely tonight. Deleted the Bootcamp partition, formatted to all Mac.

I'm now officially all Mac, baby!

Woot!

My Original Music:
QUOTE Thanks
_Stormin

_Stormin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule

Until I can't run Photoshop on the old PC, I will be keeping the old box around. To much invested in that thing to ditch it. That said, I haven't used it for anything but in quite a while.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 2011 Stock with Time Capsule. Ipad2 Colecovision

I have some older EA baseball games I want to run on the Mac but still apprehensive on adding windows to my Mac. Not sure why It seems others have no problems but I would like to stay all MAC if possible.

Newbie of the year 2011
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

If you follow the Bootcamp instructions Ghost Rider nothing can go wrong. The probels we see here are because again and again folk begin the install without printing and reading the manual.

No such thing as all Mac.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

I ditched my bootcamp partition last week after getting the last piece of software converted over. My biggest to overcome was moving from Sony Vegas Pro to Final Cut Pro.

I have Windows at work because I have no control over those images. At home, I am now 100% OSX and iOS. MBP, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV2, Airport Extreme, Airport Express Printer, Airport Express Hard Drive, Airport Express Airplay. Yeah, 1 year ago, I was only with the iPad.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
Spellbinder

Spellbinder will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mid-2011 27'' iMac, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
...No such thing as all Mac.
Fore me there is. At least at home. I can't control my work environment. But at home, I'm all Mac when it comes to my computer needs.

My Original Music:
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Congrats to you and Deckyon!
QUOTE Thanks
iKnow

iKnow is on a distinguished road

This reads awkwardly like a meeting of the AA (=Apple-users Anonymous)

Personally I have been "sober" all my live. Only had to use Windows during an internship back then. So I definitely like the step you took, Spellbinder.
QUOTE Thanks
GCFarrow

GCFarrow is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27", iPhone 4, iTouch.

Got my new and first Mac a couple of weeks ago (iMac). Decided to immerse myself in the total experience so went with the trackpad instead of mouse and also have not installed Windows on the box.
Loving it all !
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Another Battery Question! | Considering buying a Mac, help needed. »