New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

New Mac User - 17" Display + Safari Keychain Queries

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

frenchtrim

I have recently purchased a customized PowerBook 17” with all of the extra supplements, collating to a whopping £2300, with an additional 30” Cinema Display. Uncanny as it may appear, I’ve relied on my girlfriend’s G4 for the past few years, and despite working extensively with CAD related software applications as an Art/Fashion student, I’ve never brought it upon myself to own an Apple/PC myself, ever. So as you can imagine, having all of this gear is quite possibly one of the biggest highlights of my life, no kid.

I’ve been experimenting with the OS and everything seems fairly straightforward, but I have two questions. Firstly, I do large batch image compressions that take 4-5 hours or more depending on the amount of Tiff files I deal with at once. Because of this I tend to leave it idle without placing it in Sleep Mode, for the obvious reason that it cannot be done in that setting, or so I assume from trying. Placing the contrast down will be fine right? (At this point I’m not using the 30” at all but the 17”), or is there another more blatant way to do this?

Secondly whenever I use Safari it requests for a Key Gen that doesn’t comply with my administrator’s password. I type it in and it says it isn’t correct and I honestly can’t say where I might of typed another alterative at all. It isn’t so much of a problem since all of my proposed tasks seem to work anyhow by simply clicking cancel, but I would like to sort it out completely, as avoiding it isn’t necessarily ideal.

Thanks,

Luke
QUOTE Thanks
frenchtrim

I have dealt with the first issue. I looked at the two available options in the ‘Energy Saver’ section and humorously realized that I can place the display to sleep only, not the hard drive. It is beyond me why I didn’t look at it carefully enough.

The second issue still remains, so if anyone can lend a hand, much appreciated.

Luke
QUOTE Thanks
supremeoverlord

that may be a permissions issue, if not I would trash the keychain preference and log out and log back in.
QUOTE Thanks
frenchtrim

Thanks for replying and incidentally solving the issue as well.

Luke
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trying to upload images NAME LENGTH | two computers one keyboard&mouse? »