Thread: ZoneAlarm

wilfried
    ZoneAlarm
    Is there a similar program for the mac? I am not interested in the firewall but I'd like to know what apps are connecting to the net.
    thanks

kakosc
    If you go into system preferences - sharing - firewall there is a list of ports and what they are used by. If you click New.. you can add more. If the firewall is going and you have made a list of apps that can access the internet then its kind of a litte bit the same as the zonealarm thing. Its not the same, but I dont know of any applications that do that for mac. Then again I really havent looked

wilfried
    If anyone is looking for something similar too, I found "Little Snitch"
    http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/index.html
    Works great.

ZoneAlarm
    Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    There are similar, in google with Mac firewall as the search argument you'll find such as Brickhouse - sunshield netbarrier... but the native Mac firewall is easily enough! It's based on the latest BSD and you really can't go wrong with that If you feel you need to, you can even log the firewall - but that does use system resource.

Temp
    This might be what you are looking for.

http://www.macanalysis.com/about.php3

Just copy and paste the link into your browser. I don't know how good they are but they have won awards for their program.

Temp
    Oh, I see.

It isn't necessary to copy and paste the link.

Sorry for the confusion.

StarManta
    It also isn't necessary to reply to yourself, there's a nice little Edit button.

ZoneAlarm
    Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by StarManta
    It also isn't necessary to reply to yourself, there's a nice little Edit button.
    Why?

I talk to myself all the time. :p

Thread Information