New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

quicktime problem. .AVI plays with no pic?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mr..nemo

in quicktime i have have some .AVI files that play with no pic, when they open they send me to the download components site for quicktime but i dunno what to download.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

avi's dont play (literally, i guess) too well with quicktime...use vlc or download divx doctor II to convert them to another format.

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
slipmat79

slipmat79 is an unknown at this point

if you upgrade to quictime pro you can play .avi's without a problem, but your talking 15, vlc is free though
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

You don't even necessarily need Pro, you just need the Codecs. Search and download the DivX and XVide codecs from MacUpdate.com and that should play most AVI movies.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
buckeyedoc444

What is vlc?
QUOTE Thanks
chouk

chouk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3

VLC media player.
It's another alternative to play .avi
quicktime 7 can't play .avi yet coz there's no codec available yet.

QUOTE Thanks
lil

AVI is a wrapper for all types of movie files. It's not so much an AVI codec, but the video encoding codec that counts such as DivX, XviD, 3ivx, OggVorbis etc.

The DivX codec for Quicktime for Tiger and QT7 is still currently in beta as the Fusion Beta 3 codec.

VLC (VideoLAN Client) is very good though as well, that said, I kind of prefer to use Quicktime, as I have QT Pro 7 and it just has a slicker UI.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hmmm | uninstallation troubles »