iPhoto - Where are my files?!
    I'm hoping to import the contents of my iPhone using iPhoto - but I can't seem to figure out where photos in iPhoto are saved.

London, Londonshire, England.
    13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
    Have you actually imported them?

They'll be saved, within finder, under Pictures/iPhoto library but as you haven't imported them yet, then they won't be there....

Edit: Just thought I'd add, you can't actually see what's in that folder either - That's what iPhoto is for.
    Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!

Warrington, UK
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.10.5. iPhone 3GS.
    After you've imported them, you'll be able to view them in iPhoto, edit them and then export if necessary.

You can see the contents of the iPhoto Library file by ctrl clicking and selecting "Show Package Contents". However, I would advise you not to go messing around in there, as you can seriously mess up iPhoto if you are not careful.

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The trick (and the beauty) of iPhoto is that once the photos are stored in iPhoto, ANYTHING you might want to do to them, and I mean *anything*, is done from within the program.

Let the computer do the file management. That's what you bought a computer to do. Your job is to a) learn the program and b) make sure you have good backups. Beyond that, you don't need to worry about how iPhoto handles things, because ANYTHING you might want to do to or with your photos is handled *within iPhoto.*

West Virginia
    13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
    It was a little bit different for me when i started using my iMac, i was used to finding files in the My Computer shortcut on my dell lapop.. and then sending then where i wanted to send them.. once you import them to the mac.. they go to iPhoto by default i think.. and then you open iPhoto and there they are
    don't over think it like a windows box.
    21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 

Thread Information