New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iPhoto - Where are my files?!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SJJ

SJJ is on a distinguished road

I'm hoping to import the contents of my iPhone using iPhoto - but I can't seem to figure out where photos in iPhoto are saved.

Anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Have you actually imported them?

They'll be saved, within finder, under Pictures/iPhoto library but as you haven't imported them yet, then they won't be there....

Edit: Just thought I'd add, you can't actually see what's in that folder either - That's what iPhoto is for.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

After you've imported them, you'll be able to view them in iPhoto, edit them and then export if necessary.

You can see the contents of the iPhoto Library file by ctrl clicking and selecting "Show Package Contents". However, I would advise you not to go messing around in there, as you can seriously mess up iPhoto if you are not careful.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The trick (and the beauty) of iPhoto is that once the photos are stored in iPhoto, ANYTHING you might want to do to them, and I mean *anything*, is done from within the program.

Let the computer do the file management. That's what you bought a computer to do. Your job is to a) learn the program and b) make sure you have good backups. Beyond that, you don't need to worry about how iPhoto handles things, because ANYTHING you might want to do to or with your photos is handled *within iPhoto.*
QUOTE Thanks
Ttaylor394

Ttaylor394 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '10 21.5iMac self update-1TB 16GB-'12 MBP13 self update 1TB 16gb-32GB&16gb iphones-32GB iPad,

@SJJ
It was a little bit different for me when i started using my iMac, i was used to finding files in the My Computer shortcut on my dell lapop.. and then sending then where i wanted to send them.. once you import them to the mac.. they go to iPhoto by default i think.. and then you open iPhoto and there they are
don't over think it like a windows box.

21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Drive sharing between Win 7 and 10.5.8 | software for keeping track of time spent on mac? »