New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Nothing in my iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

slewi30

slewi30 is on a distinguished road

Ok here we go!

One year ago I bought an iphone, and used iTunes on my HP laptop to sync it.

In August I got an iPad and used the iTunes on my HP laptop to sync it.

Two weeks ago I got an iMac. I did everything the iMac asked me to do as far as signing up for everything and entering in my info and so I thought everything was fine. Until last night when I went on my iMac to edit a particular picture from my iPhone which I thought was now supposed to be on my iMac too. But none of my iPhone pics are. Neither is any of my music from my iPhone on my iMac.

When I went to physically sync them, I got a message that the stuff on my iPhone would be replaced by the stuff in my iTunes. Which is nothing. Tere s nothing in my iTunes on the iMac.

Seems odd to me that an HP laptop syncs better with my apple phone and iPad than an Apple iMac.

Any suggestions? I am becoming frustrated with my 1,500 computer. And this is on top of the issues I'm having with lightroom not importing and some other things.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Generally, I don't think you can't transfer music from a device to your Mac without 3rd party software, unless it was purchased from the store on a device.

You need to transfer your stuff from your HP laptop to your iMac using a portable hard drive. Or you may be able to connect the pair via USB, don't know, never done it.

The reason your HP laptop 'syncs better' is because the music was on your laptop before you had your iPhone/iPad.

Edit: With regards to the picture, you should just be able to go into iPhoto and import the photo from your iPhone.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
slewi30

Thanks for the response! Let me clarify: I never bought music online until I got the iPhone last year, so there was no music on the HP laptop until it starting syncing with the iPhone. Hope that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

It's easier to transfer your music and photos using ethernet from you laptop to your mac and then register them in with itunes then it probably would be to find 3rd party software to transfer. My guess is that it would be the same with lightroom (sorry never used it before - but there is a photography section in these forums and they probably would be able to direct you better). You could also see if 'image capture' (included in mac - should be in your applications folder) shows your ipod when you connect it and you also can use that to copy pictures (and other content?)

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks
f1mac

f1mac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 27" 3.2GHz core i3. iphone 5. iPod classic 160g. macbook air 13" . apple tv.

Hi
Firstly i am assuming that you have "authorised" the mac in iTunes , Ok so lets say that you have done this already. now try either plugging in your i phone or sync it through the cloud assuming that you have set the cloud up. As far as i am aware you can only have one machine ie mac or hp that you can keep your music on so it may even require you to de authorise the hp if you have no luck. I would recommend backing up the iTunes library to either disc or hard drive first just to be safe. Good luck
QUOTE Thanks
slewi30

Hi f1mac! I don;t know if I did that. I did everything the iMac wanted me to do when I first got it. Is there something else I should do?
QUOTE Thanks
f1mac

f1mac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 27" 3.2GHz core i3. iphone 5. iPod classic 160g. macbook air 13" . apple tv.

Hi, It might be worth checking so just go to store in the toolbar and near the bottom of the drop down you should find "authorise and deauthorise " make sure that you click authorise this computer. good luck
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone "phone" icon missing | Not satisfied with Time Capsule no encryption, any other alternatives? »