Thread: MBA is so quiet

MBA is so quiet
    This computer is amazing, I can't get over how quiet this thing is,it's also very cool running compared to my 13 inch Toshiba. It's kind of neat working at night,hearing just the soft clicks of my keyboard

New to the orchard as well ...
    switched to a 13" MBA today and I agree ... amazing hardware.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Overall it's a very quiet machine. Try playing a flash or even a java based online game for awhile though - it'll get those fans cranking hard and loud enough that you'll be ready to quit for long enough just to get the fans to slow down. They can definitely put out some noise in a quiet room. But, even then it's amazing how cool it stays compared to any of the other aluminum notebooks I've handled - no semi-permanent red marks on legs - yippee!
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    Overall it's a very quiet machine. Try playing a flash or even a java based online game for awhile though - it'll get those fans cranking hard and loud enough that you'll be ready to quit for long enough just to get the fans to slow down. They can definitely put out some noise in a quiet room. But, even then it's amazing how cool it stays compared to any of the other aluminum notebooks I've handled - no semi-permanent red marks on legs - yippee!
    I use one of the desktops in the house if I want to game & use my Air primarily for blogging & light photo editing, hopefully the sounds of silence will continue here.

If you use it on your knees (lap) be mindful to let some air circulate underneath otherwise they can get very hot and that will also have a negative affect on the battery life..(but that's maybe just me having a bit of a battery fetish if that's the right word )

Try playing WOW4 that gets my MBA 11" i7 warmish and the fans running LOL!!

Awsome machine though.

Thread Information