Changing Active Window Highlighting-
    Using Lion, is it possible to change the active window highlighting to something less subtle? I frequently have a hard time identifying the correct window when I have a bunch stacked. Windows XP made it pretty obvious, Lion is rather to subtle for me (so far).

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    Not sure how you have your layout or what size screen you are using but my active window is always at the front and the three round dots in the upper left corner are colored on the active window and not on the rest.

Specs:
    1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
    You could try white on black - then the shadow becomes more of a glow. Ctrl-Alt-Cmd-8 or Apple -> System Preferences -> Universal Access -> Seeing -> White on Black.

Or do you mean in mission control - because you mentioned being stacked. If it is mission control then try hitting the spacebar - that will zoom/bring forward the highlighted window out of the stack. Or - go to misson control - select the program with a lot of windows. Then Go to application expose -> if you have gestures it would be swipe up - select - swipe down. (Or if you are already using the program with a lot of windows - you just have to swipe down)

Like you say, I should be training my eye to look for the colored dots (close, minimize, maximize). I am used to keying off the stronger contrast in Windows when I want to grab the front window and move it. It is far to easy to click on one of the windows layered behind, since the top of the window fades to almost the same color as the windows behind. Or maybe I should not be so messy with so many windows open

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Stupid question but.. why not use tabs rather than windows? Not sure I see the point.

Doug

I guess I tend to use a window for a subject and tab for variations on the subject. Like one window for Mac-Forums, with tabs for the various thread that I open to read.

Thread Information