New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Should I Switch?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MCNJ

MCNJ is on a distinguished road

My wife and I are Blackberry users. I really love the way that the Blackberry keyboard feels, and the overall functionality of Blackberry. I do not have many apps on my Blackberry. I mainly use it for calls, texts, emails, and pics. I love how fast and simple it is to access and use those areas that I just mentioned. I want to know how accessible the iphone is with those areas, as well as some of the other stuff that would get me over the hump to make the switch to Apple.

Just say that I wound up getting my wife the new IPhone, would I have to follow up with getting her an Apple computer, wether it be a MacBook or IMac or IPad at the same time or shortly thereafter?

Thanks,
MCNJ
QUOTE Thanks
MCNJ

Well?
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNJ View Post
Well?
Honestly, three minutes between posts is a little impatient . . . Especially with these sorts of generic, "Should I . . ." posts.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

I have been on a corporate Blackberry since 2007. I have used 5 different models of BB since then. There is nothing wrong with BB, if my company didnt castrate our plans, I would still be on it for my personal stuff too, however...

A questions though, if you have no issues with BB and you are used to it, what is making you think about switching to an iPhone?

As to having to get a new Apple computer because you get an iPhone, no. There is nothing that will require you to get an Apple computer just because you get an iPhone.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

The best answer I can give, is if you are currently Happy with your Blackberry, then stick with it.

As far as the rest, yes, getting an iPhone is a slippery slope. It often leads to future Apple purchases.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Honestly, three minutes between posts is a little impatient . . . Especially with these sorts of generic, "Should I . . ." posts.
+1 - actually, I would not have responded if I saw that...

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
MCNJ

If You're gonna reply, at least reply with some pertinent information.
MCNJ
in da house
QUOTE Thanks
MCNJ

Thanks Razor.... Youse other peeps gotz to calmdown and lighten up ust a little.
Peace
MCNJ
all day
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNJ View Post
If You're gonna reply, at least reply with some pertinent information.
MCNJ
in da house
Don't know if this was addressed to me or not, but if so, both of my posts were very pertinent, whether they were specifically what you were looking for or not.

Again, patience seems to not be your strong suit. I don't type all that fast, and it does take me a while to respond.

QUOTE Thanks
Max Power1509

Max Power1509 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 27" 1TB, 16Gig Ram

Switch!!! Isn't BB dead or nearly dead?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Millions upon millions of people still use Blackberry. There's nothing wrong with its fundamentals, and that's what a lot of people need/use, plus all their email is "secure," which is what makes it a favourite with politicians and business types.

The company is going through some pretty awful mismanagement at the moment (they made the mistake of thinking they could compete with Apple/Google instead of sticking to their core audience's needs), but hopefully they will survive. I like Apple products and have no interest in BB, but the world needs more competition and diversity of ideas, not less.
QUOTE Thanks
microsnook

microsnook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 13" 10.8 (latest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
LOL!

You should switch.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OS-X Back-Up: Time Machine, Super, Carbon Copy Cloner, Disk Utility? | Networking at home and beyond »