what should i do next?
    Hi all, just bought a new MacBook Pro and decided to update my 3 year old iMac...have upgraded it from Leopard to Lion and all works perfectly, internet history & all old work have been checked and deleted.....but is there anything more I should do??

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by les666 View Post
    Hi all, just bought a new MacBook Pro and decided to update my 3 year old iMac...have upgraded it from Leopard to Lion and all works perfectly, internet history & all old work have been checked and deleted.....but is there anything more I should do??
    Are we talking about your 3 year-old iMac? If so...how much ram does it have? Minimum for Lion is 2 gig.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

i have 4 gig of ram , 1 TB memory... Lion is running great.. just wondering if there are any cache files or anything that need clearing out and if so where..

Specs:
    2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.11
    You might want to install a cleaning utility called ONYX and let that run a few cleaning routines for you.

Titanium's Software • Download

Be sure to download the correct version for your OS.
    There is a lot of info on ONYX on this forum and how people use it, so have a look around.

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Thumbs up
    used onyx, thanks for the tip cleared loads of rubbish and it seems to be going a bit quicker.

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    You could always get the Track Pad for it since you found out how nice the one on the MBP works.

picked up a track pad today, takes a bit of getting used to

Thread Information