Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Nov 16, 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Specs:
    iMac 27", iPhone 4, iTouch.
    Newbie saying hello
    Hi All
    After many years of (very often) frustrated PC usage I'm making the move to a new iMac. Will be used mainly for photography use which is predominantly driven the move to the Mac format.

    Machine ordered, Mac versions of Adobe Photoshop CS and Lightroom purchased so just waiting for iMac to arrive which should be end of this week.

    Already read a lot of very useful info on this forum so thank you for that.
    I'm sure I'll have questions of my own in the near future.


    Cheers
    An excited and about to be new Mac owner !

  2. #2

    RavingMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 07, 2008
    Location
    In Denial
    Posts
    7,951
    Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by GCFarrow View Post
    Hi All
    After many years of (very often) frustrated PC usage I'm making the move to a new iMac. Will be used mainly for photography use which is predominantly driven the move to the Mac format.

    Machine ordered, Mac versions of Adobe Photoshop CS and Lightroom purchased so just waiting for iMac to arrive which should be end of this week.

    Already read a lot of very useful info on this forum so thank you for that.
    I'm sure I'll have questions of my own in the near future.


    Cheers
    An excited and about to be new Mac owner !
    Congratulations and welcome to the Forum.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Nov 16, 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Specs:
    iMac 27", iPhone 4, iTouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
    Congratulations and welcome to the Forum.
    Thanks very much for taking the time to issue the welcome !
    Cheers

  4. #4

    Chuckoir's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 21, 2011
    Location
    London, Londonshire, England.
    Posts
    726
    Specs:
    13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
    Congratulations on your new purchase! You'll love it I'm sure!

    Which model did you go for? 21.5" or the 27"?
    Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!

  5. #5

    Slydude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 16, 2009
    Location
    North Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    10,862
    Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Congrats on the new gear and welcome to the forum.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Nov 16, 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Specs:
    iMac 27", iPhone 4, iTouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
    Congratulations on your new purchase! You'll love it I'm sure!

    Which model did you go for? 21.5" or the 27"?
    Hi

    After much deliberation I went for the 27" with the i7 processor. Bought another 8Gb from Crucial rather than upgrade with Apple as it was so much cheaper and all the reviews I read suggested there was no difference (other than cost).

    I did consider upgrading the graphics card to the 2Gb model but as I won't be using the Mac for gaming I put the money towards some new speakers.

    Will be looking to add some kind of additional storage for my photos but will have to save up again before that can happen.

    Cheers

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Nov 16, 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Specs:
    iMac 27", iPhone 4, iTouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    Congrats on the new gear and welcome to the forum.
    Thanks very much !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. newbie help
    By scorpiofc in forum Movies and Video
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 07:47 AM
  2. TV Newbie
    By VegasGeorge in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 03:27 PM
  3. newbie needs help
    By Dangedcoyote in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 10:59 PM
  4. Newbie
    By erichmond in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 06:33 AM
  5. Newbie Here
    By hokiefan in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •