21.5"iMac quad core 2.5
    New to Mac. What should I do first?
    I am 3 weeks into my switch to Macs (base model 21.5 iMac). My girlfriend has a new MBP. We both have iPhone 4S as well as a house iPad. What should I do first in terms of networking/expanding/enhancing our computing experience? I assume we can share, or at least see each other's HD, but not sure how to do such. What else would you recommend.

2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.11
    The first thing you need to think about is a solid backup strategy.

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Louisville, KY - USA
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
    Read all the stickies in this section. Bookmark the following and make sure you reference them.
    Apple - Start
    Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics
    Apple - Support - Manuals

I used the above links and found the answers to all the basic questions I had before having to hit forums. I have the manuals downloaded and saved and shared between my devices: MBP, iPhone 4s, iPad. They are the most up to date and accurate.
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2

Sound advice above, just close your mind off to the past and embrace the experience.
    Try not to get frustrated with things that work a different way to MS.

Thread Information