Question Hard drive failing and want to ghost bootcamp...is this possible?
    Dear all,

You'll have to pardon me, but my knowledge of Macs is quite limited as I have only been a MBP owner for 2 months. Ok, so as mentioned my MBP is about 2 months old. About 1.5 weeks ago while I was using the OS X system a prompt kept popping up telling me to restart my computer (in many different languages). I took it to a genius bar...the long and short of it they had to replace my hard drive, logic board, ram sticks and a few other things! But they were still unable to install the OS with the new hard drive. Now they have put my old hard drive back in while I wait 3 weeks for a replacement comp (coming from the states) with only the boot camp drive functional. Apparently the mac HD is totally corrupted. So I need to try and ghost all the programs onto an external hard drive to try and load onto the new comp once it arrives. Was thinking about using Norton Ghost. Is this possible or not? Would really appreciate your help as I am so useless with these matters.

Thanks a bunch,

Jenny

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Are you tryiIng to use Ghost to copy both the Mac and Windows partition. If so I don't think Ghost will do that though it should copy the Windows side. If the Mac side can be copied (doubtful due to the apparent extent of corruption) it would need to be witha Mac program such as SuperDuper.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I'm not sure Norton Ghost will be able to a Boot Camp partition. I've tried using Acronis True Image and while it will create the image, it refuses to restore it. Norton Ghost may work differently. It definitely will not clone the Mac partition.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I know WinClone is no longer supported by the developer, but I've never had any trouble with it backing up my Windows partitions created under Boot Camp.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    Never got any of those mentioned to bcd up Bootcamp. Clean install is the only option that seems to work with Bootcamp alas.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    WinClone is a bit shaky but it does seem to work with Boot Camp partitions formatted to NTFS. If the partition is FAT-32, forget it.

Thread Information