New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Proud New Owner

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sharp00782

sharp00782 is on a distinguished road

OK, so I am in Best Buy on Monday after deciding to get a new laptop, I'm thinking a nice expensive top of the line windows based pc, yet I am drawn to the shiny aluminium unibody pieces of kit in the corner. I walk over, see the new 2011 MacBook Pro 13" and find myself just asking for one from the sales rep, would you like advice sir? No. Would you like a comparison between PC and Mac sir? No. Just the cheque please.

So, I get home to open the box of my shiny new "status" symbol, and straight away I am reminded of why I got the iPhone! Cool, functional and fits right into the 21st Century! Wow, am I impressed. Since buying I have done so much research on Macs and I love it. Everything works, and 5 days so far of no crashing and NO system issues whatsoever!

So, in a nutshell, why am I here. Just looking for general Mac advice really from fellow owners, and i must admit, I have a feeling that I never had while being a PC user, I kind of (childishly admittedly) feel like I have been granted to a unique club which only 5% of the earth are part of!!

Will I be returning my machine and switching to PC? Erm, No!!!

Thanks for listening lol!

Jon
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Aldo Ferrari

Aldo Ferrari is on a distinguished road

I Too am a proud new user and i can definitely relate to you, Thought i actually pull the trigger and spend almost $1700 fully loaded DELL and after only 2 days 8 hours of total time with tech support on the phone and nothing but problems i decided to return it only after 3 days and immediately went to apple and made the best decision i've made in quite a few years. having owned iPhones for 4 years and finally switching to Mac really felt like the right thing to do, it was like my long lost child i've been waiting for to find lol. Will never ever go back to a windows PC.
If you haven't read this thread, you should
Sage advice for the new Mac switcher

congrats
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Assistance Required in shutting down McBook Air | Wireless printer Setup help pls »