New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Syncing problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Liesbeth

Liesbeth is on a distinguished road

android phone synced with Mac Os X and thereafter more than half my tel nrs are gone!

Any suggestions whether they are retrievable somewhere on my Mac? I do not know where to look. Did find a file called "Contacts 2" in .vcf format. Phone refuses to accept the file as it "does not recognize the format". How can I get the *.vcf Contact file into the correct format so that the phone will accept it?

Or: is there a simpler way to get my phone numbers back?
QUOTE Thanks
Liesbeth

Found them all luckily on my Sim card, or hopefully most of them.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

It's always good practice to save your contacts to the SIM rather than the phone's memory. But you didn't tell us "how" you synced the contacts with your Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
Liesbeth

Really cannot remember - trying to get to know all the niceties of the Mac Os X after upgrading - in South Africa most people are on windows based microsoft pc's, so the support is scarce and still learning at my institution where only the graphics people and artists use Macs.
Suddenly a window came up (to do with a program that operates without attachment, cannot remember the name), with three blocks promising to sync all appliances. I took a chance with my android phone, and it worked! But thereafter i realized that the contacts were now on my Mac, and no longer on my phone...
QUOTE Thanks
Liesbeth

Two last questions:
How do I upload my Afrikaans dictionary so that it works in Outlook? I uploaded it to Library, but still my Afrikaans emails are changed into Dutch spelling. I do not seem able to get the "Language & text" settings to accept my chances.

Last question: everything now works fine, except when I enter my intranet which refuses to allow me into the deeper layers where financial approval lies. Something is wrong with the intranet access/Microsoft exchange settings to my institution. How can I see where the problem lies?

Any help will be much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How To Pair A Macally BT Mouse with Macbook Pro | MyInfo equivalent for Mac? »