Unhappy missing photos in iphoto
    I am using Iphoto version 8.1.2. I am losing pictures. The thumbnail is there but when I try to open the picture I get a black screen, i.e. no picture. Some pictures appear, others not. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I can't tell you what is going on, but give this a try:

Open iPhoto holding the command and option keys down. This will bring up a repair dialogue. Check EVERYTHING, then walk away and let it do its thing for a while. Then, just for good measure, restart. Now try opening iPhoto the normal way. See if that fixes things.

missng photos from iphoto
    Tried opening Iphoto holding down command and option. checked all diagnostic options.

No luck. Thumbnail is there but picture disappears and get black screen instead

tom f

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Is the iPhoto Library where it should be (in your home folder under Pictures)? Have you done ANYTHING to the iPhoto Library (be honest!)?

I had exactly the same problem with my daughter's Mac Mini, the problem was not just iPhoto related but also not being able to view text that you were typing in Pages, and the album artwork wouldn't show in the iTunes coverflow.

It was in truth a very confusing situation and I tried lots of fixes to no avail, it seemed Graphics card related to me but then again she did have an inordinate amount of photos and music files all over the place.

Anyway the ultimate fix was a back up, a clean install from the original discs and then an OS combo updater from the Apple Support website.

The machine now works excellently but I've still no idea exactly what caused it.

Here is the link to to thread if of interest :

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...4468-help.html

Thread Information