New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Changing folder icons

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FevMac

FevMac is on a distinguished road

I'm having trouble changing folder icons on my desktop. I have downloaded some really nice new folder icons but they do not preview (see image) so I can't cut and paste to the folder on my mac? Any advice appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2011-11-22 at 09.35.39.png (1.33 MB, 17 views)
QUOTE Thanks
hugtheslug

hugtheslug is a jewel in the roughhugtheslug is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2013 MacBook Air i5 13" / 2014 MacBook Air i5 11" / iMac C2D 2.16 GHz 20" / iMac G5 1.6 GHz 17"

Hello, the icons you have downloaded are for Windows. You need Mac icons, and a quick Google brings up this site which apparently will convert icons from one platform to another for you We Love Icons: Mac, Windows and Linux PNG icons of the finest quality!.

Cheers

Hugh

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Warning - this user has only a little knowledge
QUOTE Thanks
FevMac

FevMac is on a distinguished road

Many thanks Hugh. A schoolboy error on my part.

Many thanks.

Fev
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can photobooth effects be applied to iMovie footage? | Macbook Pro will not start up »