New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

imac 2011 question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kaeledyr

Kaeledyr is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone.

I'm currently thinking about switching from a windows pc to an imac but I'm worried I won't be able to play some of my games on there. My main game is WoW, I play a couple of games on Steam too (VtM: Bloodlines, Portal, and Sims 3) I was just wondering if this would play them?

27-inch: 3.1GHz

3.1GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
2560 x 1440 resolution
4GB (two 2GB) memory
1TB hard drive1
AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB

Thank you in advance. Sorry I'm *really* not good with specs or anything =/
QUOTE Thanks
belunos

belunos will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66

It's hit or miss. WoW and Portal have Mac counterparts, and would cost you nothing. Pretty sure there's a Sims 3 for Mac, but you'll probably have to buy that one separately. For a lot of games, though, you'll probably need to use Boot Camp.

One cool aspect, though, is that Valve and Blizzard games work on Macs, and usually doesn't require a re-purchase. In the case of Blizzard, however, nothing before WoW will install in Lion due to the loss of the PowerPC emulator.

Oh yea, and yes, those specs will play them just fine. WoW looks fantastic at that resolution
QUOTE Thanks
Kaeledyr

Okay, thank you =D

Forgot to ask, is boot camp already on the mac or would I have to download it? And is it easy to use?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The Boot Camp Assistant and associated software is pre-installed. Make sure you read the instructions carefully and it's a good idea to print them out. Also look over our Sticky Post on running Windows on your Mac. You'll find it at the top of our "Running Windows" forum.

And, Welcome to the Mac Forums.
QUOTE Thanks
Kaeledyr

Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help with migrating | Moving raw outlook data to mac mail »