New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Transfering of music...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SpikeRSV

SpikeRSV is on a distinguished road

Hello Again,
Can anyone tell me how can I transfer the music from my itouch to my new MacBook Pro.
Thanks Again In Advance..
Spike
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

You can use this handy application: LINK Not free though... $19.95
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

And the reason you can't just transfer it from your previous copy of iTunes is ...
QUOTE Thanks
SpikeRSV

Who is that question aimed at...
If it me it because my windows laptop **** itself & died, bought a MacBook PRO, thought it would just see my itouch & i could transfer my music straight across but I cant, My itouch has loads of music on it my Mac has none...
HTH
Cheers
Spike
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

The question was directed at you, because the answer you give affects what the correct answer is back.

iPods generally (including the iPod Touch) don't sync music back to a computer (with the exception of music purchased on the iPod Touch). The sync is generally one-way, from iTunes TO the mobile device. This is an anti-piracy thing.

Since you've never synced your iPod Touch to the MBP, of course it doesn't recognize that music as being yours (since its tied to your previous machine). There are some third-party programs that can move the music "back" from your iPod to your new iTunes; I recommend Phone to Mac ($25).
QUOTE Thanks
SpikeRSV

Thank You Chas & Chscag.
I dont mind payin to get my music transfered, will look into which 1 i think looks the best for me...
Thanks Again
Spike
QUOTE Thanks
SpikeRSV

Thought I would say thanks to your help, I have now been able to transfer my music from my itouch & Nano on to my MBP with Irip worth every pence...
Well Happy
Cheers
Spike
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

You're welcome. Glad you liked iRip, it's worth the $19.95. Have fun and visit often.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« new and confused | Losing wi fi connection »