New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

If I buy Apple Care after my standard 1 year warranty, do I get 4 years or warranty?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ramgoat647

ramgoat647 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am going to be buying a mac mini in the near future and was wondering the following:

If I purchase Apple Care after the standard 1 year warranty, do I end up getting 4 years of warranty? If no (and you get 2 extra years, making the warranty 3 years long) will I get a discount on Apple Care because I bought it one year "late"?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgoat647 View Post
Hi,

I am going to be buying a mac mini in the near future and was wondering the following:

If I purchase Apple Care after the standard 1 year warranty, do I end up getting 4 years of warranty? If no (and you get 2 extra years, making the warranty 3 years long) will I get a discount on Apple Care because I bought it one year "late"?
I'm 99% sure the answers to your two questions are...no...and no.

The max. Applecare you can have is 3 years (original 1 year + two years extended). Apple does encourage folks who purchase a new computer to buy the extended Applecare right away...since it will extend the free phone help (from 90 days to 3 years).

If you ever have these sort of questions...Apple.com is your best first stop:

http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You can purchase AppleCare after the one year warranty is up.

However, the extended warranty cannot be applied to a device whose warranty has already expired. So, you're sort of stuck with a piece of paper that's worth nothing.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

If you bought the computer on November 2, 2011, then you need to buy AppleCare no later than November 1, 2012.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Zoom Zoom! | Pro's and Cons of installing the JRE »