Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" 2.4ghz i5, 4GB ram, 500GB SATA, OS X Lion 10.7.2 ~ I'm in love!!!
    What is the best way to run Windows on Mac?
    I want to run mostly Mac, but I also want Windows installed because I don't want to purchase all of my commonly used programs all over again...and some of them aren't made for Mac anyways. Any advice?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    I'd go for using Bootcamp, it's already installed, easy setup with your Windows disk and doesn't cost you any more.

HTH

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

Specs:
    mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
    Depends on the programs, if there mainly light office type programs, then running in a VM such as parallels or a free one like virtual box will suffice If you have games or graphic intensive apps then id go with bootcamp.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Best? It's all relative to a given situation.

Perhaps start here to begin the education needed to find what's 'best' for your needs.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

I am a new Mac user of about two months. I am using Fusion to run Windows on my Mac. It works great. I have some programs that are windows only and it runs them fine. I did not try bootcamp because I did not want to reboot as I switch between applications frequently. I have Fusion setup up on one desktop and all my other Mac apps on another. I just press Ctrl and right or left arrow to switch between them it really works slick.

Specs:
    2 6-core 2.66 GHz Xeon, dual ATI 5770 HD
    I installed bootcamp and it works fine. I got tired of rebooting though so bought Parallels Desktop and installed it. Everything I've tried thus far (MS Office programs, plus a number of older programs) works great, no problems at all.

Don't mean to confuse you with too many choices but, at least in my experience, this is a choice that works. I'm sure there are others as well.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" 2.4ghz i5, 4GB ram, 500GB SATA, OS X Lion 10.7.2 ~ I'm in love!!!
    Thanks for the advice. I downloaded Parallels to try it out, but before I spent $80 on it I wanted to make sure there wasn't a better option for cheaper. I've been using it for about a week, and there are some things I like about it and some I don't. The biggest thing is I have a few programs that I don't have an actual disc for...they are things I bought or downloaded off the internet and they won't load because I don't know how to get them to work with Parallels.

I like that Bootcamp is free, but I also don't want to reboot every time I want to switch. It sounds like I might have to use it for my video editing software though, because that is a large involved graphics program.

I'll have to look into Virtual Box since it's free, and Fusion as well and see what I think.

Specs:
    2 6-core 2.66 GHz Xeon, dual ATI 5770 HD
    Quote Originally Posted by godlovesyou777 View Post
    I downloaded Parallels to try it out, but before I spent $80 on it I wanted to make sure there wasn't a better option for cheaper.
    For what it's worth, Parallels V7 can be had from Amazon for $57.37.

Thread Information