New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iMovie Titles

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Robert J Miller

Robert J Miller is on a distinguished road

I am working with the newest version of iMovie (downloaded as part of iLife) on a mac notebook pro running lion. My project is an instructional video about 35 minutes long. I have place chapter markers throughout the project. At each chapter marker I have placed a title. Each is set to run for 4 secs. After I finish replacing the text in the field I move the play bar back a bit a watch to see if everything looks right. Haven't had any trouble until I added the title for the 7th chapter about 3/4 of the way through the project. When I drag the title to the space above the video stream I can work on it normally and see the title, but once I click out of the title and run the video no title appears. All of the previous titles show up fine. I have tried deleting the title and re-adding it, I have tried switching from the "centered" title option to one of the others (i.e the black or white banner type title formats), I have tried closing iMovie and reopening the project, and I have tried shutting down my computer and restarting it. Nothing seems to be working. I'm on a deadline and would really appreciate any help figuring this out. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
codda

codda is a jewel in the roughcodda is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

You say drag the title to the space above the video stream....Your placing the title between two clips right...? Otherwise above the video stream would cause a dropdown to appear with choices for cutaway, PIP, etc....
QUOTE Thanks
Robert J Miller

Robert J Miller is on a distinguished road

I have been placing the title above the video stream. It actually shows up between the chapter marker and the video stream. If the title is highlighted the text in it shows up and I scan over the stream, but once I finish click off of the title the title shows up but the text is not visible when played. I am not doing anything differently than I did on the previous 6 titles (each placed above the video stream and showing up between the chapter marker and the video stream). I believe this is a software problem but I can't find a fix.
QUOTE Thanks
codda

codda is a jewel in the roughcodda is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

Not familiar with that editing style...why not try just dropping it between the two clips...? You may have to split the video...but it will work and possibly answer some questions as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help me choose an iMac | OK, I'm confused, but happy »