Specs:
    21.5" 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with 12GB RAM and 2TB HDD, 32 GB iPad 2, 32 GB iPhone 4
    Is there a way to show folder size when in column view in Finder?
    First off, finally converted to Mac after being a long time PC user. This machine is amazing. It's actually surpassed my expectations. Just incredible.

That being said, I'm not sure if this is possible but I have my folders set up to come up in column view and was trying to figure out a way to show the folder size whenever I highlight said folder. As it stands, I get no information. When I click on a folder in column view, the 2nd column pops up with all the files....and if you click on one of those files, the 3rd column pops up with details of that file (which I love). Is there a way to see those details without having to right click on the folder and get info?

Also, is there a way to highlight a bunch of files together and get info that tallies up the entire file size? As it is now, if I highlight 3 files and click get info, it'll bring up 3 separate info windows. I'd like it to be 1 with total size summed up.

Specs:
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    In column view it seems the only way is to press Command-I to get a folder's size and other info. If you select multiple files and press Command-Option-I, you'll get a total size for all items selected.

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    cmd-i will bring up the inspector that shows the folder size and other properties. If you go to View Options - and check 'calculate all sizes' you'll see the folder size in Finder's list view.

Specs:
    21.5" 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with 12GB RAM and 2TB HDD, 32 GB iPad 2, 32 GB iPhone 4
    Thanks. I was trying to keep it in column view and see the size but seems like it only works in list view. It's all good.

Thanks for the tip of command/option/i oneironat. I was just using command i.

Thread Information