New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iCloud question ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jif

jif is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27' iMac i5 (2010)  iPad2  iPhone5  iPhone 4S  Apple TV2  iP

since i upgraded to iOS 5, my iTunes always shows my iPad as connected in the devices tab... whether my iPad is connected or not

However my iPhone doesn't show and I have to connect it to my iMac in order it shows in iTunes..

I'm confused why one is perm connected the other not so.

Is this right, I like the idea that its connected all the time, and I'd like my iPhone to be connected permanently too

thanks

27' iMac 2.8ghz intel quad core i5  white iPad2 32 gig wifi only  white iPhone5 16gig  black iPhone 4S  black iPod touch 8gig  80gig iPod classic  apple TV2  2TB crap dog slow time capsule 
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Just checked both show up in mine but I did enable to sync via wi-fi.on both.
QUOTE Thanks
jif

hmm yeah, i've checked my settings on both my iPhone and iPad and the settings are exactly the same, both have wifi sync enabled, yet only the iPad shows up

i dunt understand

27' iMac 2.8ghz intel quad core i5  white iPad2 32 gig wifi only  white iPhone5 16gig  black iPhone 4S  black iPod touch 8gig  80gig iPod classic  apple TV2  2TB crap dog slow time capsule 
QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

this might be a dumb request, but, have you tried ejecting the iPad and then shutting iTunes down and reversing the sequence....stop WiFi sync then re-enable, iPhone first, etc..

J
QUOTE Thanks
jif

there's no dumb questions when i'm about.. lol

i'll try that thanks

QUOTE Thanks
jif

when i look at my 'iTunes wifi sync' options on my iPhone, it states I can auto sync with iTunes when the phone is plugged in and connected to wifi. The phone won't let me sync if its not plugged in

however the iPad 'wifi sync states the same statement, that it will automatically sync when plugged into power and within a wifi area... yet when the iPad ISN'T plugged in the sync option is still available, and the iPad shows in iTunes ?

QUOTE Thanks
jif

hang on..... i've just noticed a setting 'sync with this phone over wifi' in the iTunes summary page,

I have a feeling this was the setting i missed, as they now both show in iTunes without being connected... I think for the first time I've actually fixed this issue myself...

thanks as always though, you guys out there are just a wealth of knowledge and experience, and it's great to be able to have access to that when I'm stuck

thanks again

QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

have you turned on the sync wirelessly in iTunes in addition to your iPhone?

EDIT: and are you using the latest iTunes 10?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how do i 'hide' folders | Numerous Zip Files »