New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

When can I download Safari to go with MAC OS10.5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tombeh

tombeh is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I made the mistake of deleting Safari. When I tried to down load a newer Safari version to replace the one I deleted and sent to trash (yes, I was stupid and emptied the trash) I was told during the update that I need 10.6 OS to run the new version of Safari. Okay so I went to Apple updates and was told there are no updates. I am on 10.5.8. I can't access 10.6.

So does anyone know when 10.6 will be available for Mac Book users?

On a side not, does anyone know why Hotmail/Safari.Firefox crashes when selecting the address of the receiver. It crashes whether I use Hotmail with Firefox or Safari. For example, I try select the email address of johndoe@sbcglobal.net to send a message and hotmail and the browsers crash.

Thanks for your help
QUOTE Thanks
Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

10.6 is an entirely different operating system than 10.5.

10.5 was Leopard.

10.6 was Snow Leopard.

10.7, the newest, is titled Lion.

You can't upgrade from 10.5 to 10.6 unless you purchase Snow Leopard, which is 10.6.

As far as Safari, I'm not real sure why you wouldn't be able to download it.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

To answer your second question, it's because Hotmail blows. I'd suggest transferring your account to a more stable provider.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac23 View Post

You can't upgrade from 10.5 to 10.6 unless you purchase Snow Leopard, which is 10.6.
And 10.5.8 is as far as 10.5 goes.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Safari for Leopard

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
S.SubZero

S.SubZero is a jewel in the roughS.SubZero is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombeh View Post
On a side not, does anyone know why Hotmail/Safari.Firefox crashes when selecting the address of the receiver. It crashes whether I use Hotmail with Firefox or Safari. For example, I try select the email address of johndoe@sbcglobal.net to send a message and hotmail and the browsers crash.
When you click these, it will try to launch your default mail application (on a new Mac it will be mail.app). If you have installed a new mail program or otherwise tinkered with the default mail app setting, or broke mail.app somehow, any of these can cause the problem you see.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Images on desk top | Help! Virus? »