How do I get contacts from Nokia N8 to my new IPhone 4?
    I have got a new Iphone 4 a few days back and I presently use a Nokia N8 and would like to switch to the Iphone 4. Have been groping in the dark as to how to get my contacts on N8 copied to Iphone 4 without any luck. N8 recognizes the Iphone4 but not vice versa, via Bluetooth. I'd like the guru's to help me make the transition to Apple IPhone 4 smooth. It's been upgraded to the iOS 5 also.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    You should be able to export from the N8 to a CSV that you can then load into address book on your Mac or PC then sync to your iPhone

Or

You can use an existing or create a new gmail account and put the details into your N8 and sync contacts with that, then put the same details into your iPhone and sync them back
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    You should be able to export from the N8 to a CSV that you can then load into address book on your Mac or PC then sync to your iPhone

Or

You can use an existing or create a new gmail account and put the details into your N8 and sync contacts with that, then put the same details into your iPhone and sync them back
    Thanks very much for the reply. Whats a CSV? How do you sync contacts to a gmail a/c, I already have one? Will appreciate the response.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    CSV = Comma Separated Values
    It's just a text file with data separated by commas.

I don't know enough about the N8 to give specific instruction on syncing with gmail but this link should help (you need only enable contact syncing):
    Setup Instructions - Google Mobile Help

Then good thing about syncing with gmail is that nearly all modern smartphones support it. So getting your contacts onto your iPhone and an future phone should be easy.

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

simple way to transfer contacts from nokia to iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
    I have got a new Iphone 4 a few days back and I presently use a Nokia N8 and would like to switch to the Iphone 4. Have been groping in the dark as to how to get my contacts on N8 copied to Iphone 4 without any luck. N8 recognizes the Iphone4 but not vice versa, via Bluetooth. I'd like the guru's to help me make the transition to Apple IPhone 4 smooth. It's been upgraded to the iOS 5 also.

Simply open nokia pc suite
    goto contacts
    highlight all
    file/send/ contact as email
    send to yourself
    open your mail with iphone
    save contacts

need to save each one as a new contact on iphone ,dosnt take that long todo! easy azz

You should be able to export them in .vcf format which is the industry standard electronic business card format.
    I did this when I left an old iBook G4 behind 12 months ago. I exported them to a CD and then imported them into Address Book on my iMac.

got this post by searching. confusing between csv and vcf files.
    and still don't know if there is software that can capable to transfer contacts from Nokia to iPhone.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisYankee View Post
    got this post by searching. confusing between csv and vcf files.
    and still don't know if there is software that can capable to transfer contacts from Nokia to iPhone.
    Just read my post from 10-21-2011
    That's the easiest method.

Create a gmail account. Setup your Nokia to sync contacts to gmail.

Setup your iphone to sync with the same gmail account.

Job done. You can leave the gmail account in place to backup your contacts or delete it.

Thread Information