Specs:
    MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
    itunes PC-to-Mac - I know how... but have one question!
    I've not doubt the iTunes from PC to Mac is done to death as it is quite a tricky procedure BUT I've found places the help with it such as the below:

Move an iTunes library from a Windows PC to a Mac | Music and Audio | Playlist | Macworld

I transferred my iTunes collection over and failed miserably! It messed up playlists, metadata and didn't copy large portions of the collection. Despite doing everything above. Anyway, it's now my DAD (the later PC to mac switcher!) to do his vast iTunes library.

But I had one question that I just need some expert advice and help with:

All the instructions for moving an iTunes library seem to presume that the iTunes library is on the main HDD or in the same destination as the library folder.

However, a large part of my fathers collection if from his VINYL collection - so he has used a USB deck to put them onto his computer. Due to the size of this library they are kept on a separate hard drive.

If I consolidate the library as iTunes asks it will put it onto the C drive - in which case I'll run out of room.

Any tips around this? Or a more straight forward way to copy iTunes like a - copy iTunes library option or something? Maybe there is an app or something?

Thanks in advance
    MacBookPro - 2.2 15" - Mac Mini - 2.5 2009 -MacPro Tower 2 x 3 Quad Core (Work) - iPhone 4 - iPad2, 2x Apple TV

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    iTunes supports multiple libraries. Just launch iTunes with the option key held down and create a new library (which can be stored anywhere, including other drives) for the vinyl collection. You can also do this with your existing library if you like, though the procedure is slightly different: copy the existing library to the new drive, open iTunes with the option key and instead of making a new library, just "point" iTunes to the existing one on the new drive.

Specs:
    MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
    Thanks Chas_m - will try later!

Many thanks :-)
    MacBookPro - 2.2 15" - Mac Mini - 2.5 2009 -MacPro Tower 2 x 3 Quad Core (Work) - iPhone 4 - iPad2, 2x Apple TV

Thread Information