New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

The Mac file system has made me a FASTIDIOUS housekeeper!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GratefulMac

GratefulMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: E-2011 MPB 13" i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.7.1 iPhone 4 iPod Classic 160 GB

Hi all! Pretty new here, and pretty new to Mac. I simply cannot over-emphasize how BLOWN AWAY I am! I am getting FAR more practical and work-related use out of this little workhorse than I ever did on a PC. Spilling beer on my Dell and moving up to this was DEFINITELY a good move. Maybe not spilling the beer, though. It was good beer. Now, when I play guitar and drink beer, the beer does not sit on the same table as my Mac, which I use for to display the song I am playing. Anyhow, on to my point:

The WONDERFUL filing system that Mac uses, MAKES me want to be organized in my filing. I tried, Miley knows I TRIED MAH BEST in Windows-land to stay organized, but it's just IMPOSSIBLE. Now, most things intuitively go to where they are "supposed to", and I get frustrate when they don't, so I host 'em on over there with the quickness! No stuff, EVER permanently left on my desktop. After I'm done working with it, it's to the trash or shuttled to it's appropriate folder. You shoulda seen the C-F that was my Windows directories. Now, I won't have it any other way. If I can't straight-up find what I need, once filed, in Finder, which is rare, a moment in Spotlight does the trick!

I am SO GLAD to own this wonderful machine!

However, i still hate iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

And another happy user. Glad it has been as painless as possible for you.

Doesn't make me want to clean the house though

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
GratefulMac

GratefulMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: E-2011 MPB 13" i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.7.1 iPhone 4 iPod Classic 160 GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
And another happy user. Glad it has been as painless as possible for you.

Doesn't make me want to clean the house though

Cheers
Well, I meant an OS file-storage housekeeper!
QUOTE Thanks
sau124

sau124 is on a distinguished road

You just have to get used to iTunes to love it. I cannot live without iTunes anymore, 10 years back it was different but once all my libraries were captured and fixed the way I wanted I have no problems using iTunes. Try some housekeeping within iTunes, most people don't like iTunes because of the other files that gets imported and compiled automatically.
QUOTE Thanks
kittonian

kittonian is on a distinguished road

With regards to the iTunes situation, just wait until you get Airplay up and running with your home stereo system, and the remote app for your iPod or iPhone. You'll be walking around the house controlling all your music and playing DJ at your parties. Very cool stuff!

Joshua Aaron
President/CEO
Mac Genius - Apple Macintosh & IT Consulting
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ie help!!! | Transferring large file from Mac to PC?!?! »