New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Finding folder on OS X Lion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stefanmaine

stefanmaine is on a distinguished road

Thank you. In the OpenOffice Save As dialog, I could not browse the full path indicated for Templates at OpenOffice>>Preferences. One of the indicated folders did not display. But ...

... by trial and error, here's what finally worked for me. In Writer, design a template (extension .ott), and save it to the Desktop. Then, still in Writer, open File>>New>>Templates and Documents, and there, at the bottom left, click on "Organize ...". Then, open the folder "My Templates", right-click it, select "Import Template ...", browse to the Desktop, and select the template. That may not be the quickest or most professional way to do it, but it worked.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Is this forum Jeopardy? Can I play?
Ok, um...
What is "I have a problem with a template and a Lion on my Mac"?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

toMACsh: can I "like" your post?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Neither post is very amusing. Perhaps you both have forgotten what our guidelines state:

Play nice.

Our community is made up of all kinds of different people, and all of them have the right to feel comfortable. Others may not think the way that you think, believe what you believe, know what you know, or see what you see. Always be polite and respectful in your interactions with others.

Nothing nice to say? Then don't say it.
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, 13" MBP and MacMini

Well done to the OP to find a solution and then to share it here. I suspect that there is an official way to achieve the objective, but that is a clever solution to find.
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Neither post is very amusing. Perhaps you both have forgotten what our guidelines state:

Play nice.

Our community is made up of all kinds of different people, and all of them have the right to feel comfortable. Others may not think the way that you think, believe what you believe, know what you know, or see what you see. Always be polite and respectful in your interactions with others.

Nothing nice to say? Then don't say it.
Ya, I have already been busted for this.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External hard drive | MacPro Build Advice. »