New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

HELP! Mouse issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DawnM

DawnM is on a distinguished road

My new iMac came with a wireless mouse. I like it a lot.

However, when I am on my MacBook and another family member is on the iMac the mouse works on both machines at once.

How do I change the settings on my Macbook so that it isn't reading the external mouse?

Thank you!,

Dawn
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

On the MacBook, open System Preferences->Bluetooth and delete the connection to your mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
DawnM

THANK YOU! I figured it was something simple that I was missing.

Dawn
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Or instead, you could just turn the BT off in that same section of System Preferences so you don't have to pair with the mouse again next time you want to use it with the MB ...assuming you want to use it again with the MB.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
DawnM

I really don't want it paired with the macbook as I use the trackpad on that. However, I may use it at some point, I just haven't needed/wanted to yet.

Dawn
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to speed up internet speed | safari »