New mac...airport wireless ???
    Does anyone know if the airport extreme wireless router, is capable with a ps3 system also, i connect ps3 to wireless router, but going to have to replace and was wondering if anyone uses the airport wireless, for there mac & ps3?....tks....dennis

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I'm not sure I understand the question. Wireless is wireless (well, more accurately, 802.11 a/b/g/n is 802.11 a/b/g/n). So the Airport Extreme -- like every other 802.11x compatible router ... should work with your PS3.

If perhaps what you meant to ask is "how do I stream media FROM my Mac TO my PS3 over a wireless network," then you should probably look at Playback.

West Virginia
    13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
    I have the Airport Extreme Base Station (AEBS).

First off, the cable from Comcast comes from the wall, then to my Comcast modem, and then the ethernet cable to my AEBS.

Off of my AEBS i have my iMac connected wirelessly, my xBox wired directly, my LG HDTV wired directly, and we use our iPhones (x2) with varying frequency.

I do not own a PS3, btu there is no reason that your PS3 wouldn't work with your 'airport extreme wireless router' Im assuming thats the same device i have.

Every PS3 has an internal WiFi adapter, I however connect my xBox for the best speeds. The same reason with the HDTV. Those are the streaming devices for videos, shows, and gaming. The iMac has the least internet (data) workload so I leave that to WiFi.
    for future reference, it helps when you have detailed info on your setup
    hope that helps.
    21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 

Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
    Like the others stated, it should work just fine. If I might add, I think the Airport Extreme Router is an excellent router. Since I bought mine and installed it my system has worked flawlessly. I don't have as many other gadgets on it as others might, 1 MacBook Pro, 1 Lenovo Windows notebook, and 2 IPhones, but it works real well. Installation was a snap, very easy and not complex, and I get excellent reception throughout my home. It's a larger try-level home that other routers had trouble getting signal to.

I think you would be happy with your selection.

15 " 2013 MBP OS X Ver. 10.9.1 16 GB Memory, 500 GB SSD, Retina, 2.3 Ghz I7, 30GB IPhone 5, 2012 Mini Cooper JCW Coupe, 2014 Toyota Corolla, 2007 Trailblazer, 2 RC Planes, 1 fantastic wife who puts up with my toys. Still Married After 30 Years.

Thread Information