New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

how to sync/add hotmail to mac email program

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

redshifted

redshifted is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro, iphone4

Yes, I am a total noob as you can tell my my title. I decided to use the email program again but I thought I added my 2 hotmail accounts along with my gmail but only the gmail shows in the source list on the left but the emails show up also. What is up with that, what did I do wrong? Thanks.

Beth
QUOTE Thanks
redshifted

redshifted is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro, iphone4

Also, how to I add my google rss reader list to the mac email program? I am trying to do that without adding them all individually. tanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Cdoimne

Cdoimne is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2010 MacBook Pro 13 Inch

I'm sorry I just can't really picture what you are saying and what you want. So it is displaying your emails on the left... is that not what you want? Can you take a screenshot of the left side drawer (Command+Shift+4. A sort of cross should appear and you should be able to drag a square around it. It will save to your desktop.) and post it here.

To add a new email account go:
  • File
  • Add Account
And enter in your details to add a new email account.

To add a new RSS feed:
  • File
  • Add RSS feed
And that allows you to add a new RSS feed either from a URL or add one from a bookmark in Safari.

Hope I could help,
Cd
QUOTE Thanks
Tymeless

Tymeless is on a distinguished road

i understand what you are going thru, i too have my hotmail and gmail set up. Gmail is there, however no hotmail emails or anything. I can send and it displays in the sent items folder, but it has no inbox items at all. please help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Activity "youtube download" downloads?! | Questions about Apple malware protection »