Help deleting a program

Help deleting a program
    New mac user, love it so far, I have a program I downloaded called Videoglide, I didnt have a serial so I used the demo. Now I have the program with a serial but the serial goes for an earlier version, I thought I deleted it but when I try the install disc i get a message that a newer version is already installed, I can for the life of me find it anywhere and cant install the program, any help would be appreciated, Pete

Help deleting a program
    Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    You checked in both the /Applications and your local Applications folders to see if this program is present? Also use spotlight and search for Videoglide and it should show you where all the program is hiding..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Help deleting a program

Ive done all that, somewhere its hidden that I downloaded a newer version, is there a cache somewhere? Or a registry?

Help deleting a program
    Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Assuming this is the guide for the product you're talking about, there should be an uninstaller at /Applications/VideoGlide/VideoGlide Tools/VideoGlide Uninstall. Reinstall the newer version and use the appropriate uninstaller.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Help deleting a program

thanks vansmith, I tried that but still get the error that a newer version is already installed.

Help deleting a program
    Specs:
    13in macbook - 10.10.4
    From the uninstall ReadMe:

Uninstallation

To remove almost all the software installed by VideoGlide For Mac OS X, run the "VideoGlide Uninstall" application. VideoGlide Uninstall will remove all the kernel extensions, startup items and QuickTime components related to the VideoGlide software.

The following folders will not be removed:

~/Library/Preferences/EchoFX Preferences

The ~/Library/Preferences/EchoFX Preferences folder is left intact in case you wish to reinstall the software at a later date. However, this folder may also be dragged to the Trash if desired.

Help deleting a program
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
    Have you tried using spotlight or finder? Or you can try Needful Things: Applications (I find it really good for better, deeper searches) - you might be able to find what you're looking for easier and it shows all files, right click on a file and it will show you where it is.
    invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses

Help deleting a program
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
    oops that prog is called easyfind
    invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses

Help deleting a program
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The use of the term "serial" by the OP leads me to think that perhaps this is pirated software. I would recommend (whether it is or not) to follow the uninstall instructions provided by cradom, and then get in touch with the developer about how to go about installing a clean, updated version.

Help deleting a program

Easyfind did the trick, unfortunately I think it is a pirated disk (eBay). I have already sent 2 emails to the company. I think I am going to start over and pay the $29 or whatever for the program, Its not worth my time or the consequences messing around with illegal software, my son bought this without my knowledge, its a good lesson for him.

Thread Information