New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Can anyone recommend a good DATABASE APP?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

newby

newby is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2

Hi

Now I've moved to the Mac I'm looking to get a database running of all the films etc I have.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a database application?

Ideally freeware... if not shareware... or I'd be open to something more expensive it really did have massive potential. But being broke I'm a freeware fan!

Thanks

MacBookPro - 2.2 15" - Mac Mini - 2.5 2009 -MacPro Tower 2 x 3 Quad Core (Work) - iPhone 4 - iPad2, 2x Apple TV
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

I'm assuming you mean inventory of your movies..

Download DVD Hunter for Mac - Catalog and organize your movie collection. MacUpdate.com

but just in case, there was an old thread here Freeware Database Programme with a few suggestions. I also remember seeing a free (I think it was) prog that you can use with your vid chat camera (it may have expanded it's abilities by now) that scans (barcodes?) in order to inventory movies books ets... I'll have to look around for it..

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

Ok it was called Delicious Library 2 Delicious Library but it's $35

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks
newby

Mac Specs: MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2

Thanks Aqua! I should have been clearer - but was rushing - I want it foremost for my films but would like to use it for other things as well.

I think the link to the database thread you posted should answer my questions!

That said the two for the DVD library's you suggest do look awesome and might look into it!

Thanks

MacBookPro - 2.2 15" - Mac Mini - 2.5 2009 -MacPro Tower 2 x 3 Quad Core (Work) - iPhone 4 - iPad2, 2x Apple TV
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Delicious Library is a great media-centric database program, very inexpensive for what it does and how fast you can catalog a large media collection (not just DVDs).

If you need more flexibility than DL offers, look at Bento (which I think is under $50). Probably the best all-around consumer-focused database on the planet.

If you're looking for a full but focused home-inventory program, there's a few good inexpensive ones out for that as well.

As for free -- well, when it comes to databases, "free" and "any good" do not go together.
QUOTE Thanks
newby

Awesome - thank you!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Browser | Help deleting a program »