New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Hello! "New" switcher here!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GratefulMac

GratefulMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: E-2011 MPB 13" i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.7.1 iPhone 4 iPod Classic 160 GB

Just wanted to say hello. Been a PC user since '97, though I grew up with Apples (II E's) in the Bay Area as a lad. Anyhow, glad to be "home". I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar, and decided to eat the expense and get a MBP. I have the base model 13", PERFECT for work use, and just tonight bumped it up to 8GB RAM. I am *SO* impressed with the UI, I will simply NEVER go back to PC. Already budgeting for a 17" top-o-the line. I am SO INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED with the UI, and the build quality. THIS is how a computer SHOULD RUN. Regards, all!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Welcome to Mac-Forums and congrats on your purchase!

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
GratefulMac

Mac Specs: E-2011 MPB 13" i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.7.1 iPhone 4 iPod Classic 160 GB

Just wanted to say hello. Been a PC user since '97, though I grew up with Apples (II E's) in the Bay Area as a lad. Anyhow, glad to be "home". I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar, and decided to eat the expense and get a MBP. I have the base model 13", PERFECT for work use, and just tonight bumped it up to 8GB RAM. I am *SO* impressed with the UI, I will simply NEVER go back to PC. Already budgeting for a 17" top-o-the line. I am SO INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED with the UI, and the build quality. THIS is how a computer SHOULD RUN. Regards, all!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Welcome. You will find many helpful people here. Glad you are enjoying the change so far.

Perhaps it was not so unfortunate that you had a little spill with the Dell.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Please do not double post. Your posts have been merged together.
QUOTE Thanks
GratefulMac

Sorry, didn't mean to double-tap that one!
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulMac View Post
I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar, and decided to eat the expense and get a MBP.
Did you mean you were fortunate to spill? Welcome to the forums. It's a good group of people here.

I actually still use Windows out of necessity for work and certain programs but it constantly reminds why I chose to stay with Macs for my main personal computer. If you need any help with your Mac there are plenty of people here willing to help.
QUOTE Thanks
quin

quin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ

Pretty much felt the same way when I first switched and got my MBP13". No clutter of information. Multiple desktops and windows management with Mission Control in Lion. Pretty neat.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulMac View Post
I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar
probably for the best.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« wat resolution is best for my new macbookpro 17 inch | Hi Newbie here... »