Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   Hello! "New" switcher here! (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/247600-hello-new-switcher-here.html)

GratefulMac 08-13-2011 10:14 PM

Hello! "New" switcher here!

Just wanted to say hello. Been a PC user since '97, though I grew up with Apples (II E's) in the Bay Area as a lad. Anyhow, glad to be "home". I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar, and decided to eat the expense and get a MBP. I have the base model 13", PERFECT for work use, and just tonight bumped it up to 8GB RAM. I am *SO* impressed with the UI, I will simply NEVER go back to PC. Already budgeting for a 17" top-o-the line. I am SO INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED with the UI, and the build quality. THIS is how a computer SHOULD RUN. Regards, all!

Raz0rEdge 08-13-2011 10:34 PM

Welcome to Mac-Forums and congrats on your purchase!

GratefulMac 08-13-2011 10:56 PM

Hello! "New" switcher here!

Just wanted to say hello. Been a PC user since '97, though I grew up with Apples (II E's) in the Bay Area as a lad. Anyhow, glad to be "home". I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar, and decided to eat the expense and get a MBP. I have the base model 13", PERFECT for work use, and just tonight bumped it up to 8GB RAM. I am *SO* impressed with the UI, I will simply NEVER go back to PC. Already budgeting for a 17" top-o-the line. I am SO INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED with the UI, and the build quality. THIS is how a computer SHOULD RUN. Regards, all!

Slydude 08-13-2011 11:08 PM

Welcome. You will find many helpful people here. Glad you are enjoying the change so far.

Perhaps it was not so unfortunate that you had a little spill with the Dell.:Mischievous:

chscag 08-14-2011 12:40 AM

Please do not double post. Your posts have been merged together.

GratefulMac 08-14-2011 11:20 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to double-tap that one! ;)

EndlessMac 08-15-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GratefulMac (Post 1282975)
I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar, and decided to eat the expense and get a MBP.

Did you mean you were fortunate to spill? ;D Welcome to the forums. It's a good group of people here.

I actually still use Windows out of necessity for work and certain programs but it constantly reminds why I chose to stay with Macs for my main personal computer. If you need any help with your Mac there are plenty of people here willing to help.

quin 08-15-2011 01:12 AM

Pretty much felt the same way when I first switched and got my MBP13". No clutter of information. Multiple desktops and windows management with Mission Control in Lion. Pretty neat.

robduckyworth 08-15-2011 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GratefulMac (Post 1282975)
I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar

probably for the best.