New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

OS X Lion upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maango

maango is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Excuse my ignorance but I have just changed from a windows PC to a new MB Pro 15'. Unfortunately I bought it before the release of OS X Lion, and now have to upgrade from Snow Leopard.
When I install Lion will all my documents apps etc still be there, or will I need to back them up like you would have to when upgrading a windows OS?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

If you install Lion as an upgrade, the yes, your apps ad files will still be there.

However, it's always good to have a backup no matter what because you never know when something could go wrong.

Official Backup FAQ or Start Backing Up Now!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting a new iMac | Using Windows project files on a Mac »