New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I was bullied into it 5 months later

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macrostheblack

macrostheblack is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook® Pro / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 13.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 320GB Hard Drive

Ok so 5 months or so ago i was bullied into my baby (MBP) just an update if any are interested.

Original thread
I was bullied into it

So now I only use my PC for hard core gaming and I seldom do that cuz I can't figure out windows 7. I also get frustrated if I have to use a friends computer because it's simply to cumbersome to use a mouse now.

I got so frustrated the other day trying to find a web site on my buddys acer I almost threw the thing at him.

right click left click arrrg why isn't two finger clicking working I kept saying.

any who apple has a another devotee.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I notice the same thing. Once I got used to OSX, going back to a Windows system sometimes frustrated me to the point I had to think to use it!

Welcome aboard!
QUOTE Thanks
MontyMo

MontyMo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2GHz 8GB RAM 750GB Hard Disk

No kidding. I have to use Windows on my Mac (Parallels or Bootcamp) and I find it very frustrating.

Welcome to the Mac community

And oh, did you pay off you mom?

15" MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Ironic isn't it? I had many more years of Windows experience, yet it took me so much less time to get used to OS X than it did to get comfortable with Windows.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Young Spade

Young Spade is on a distinguished road

Meh, I regularly boot into Windows 7 all of the time. I'm not as fluent with the OS as I am with Mac now (keyboard commands, small productivity apps, etc.) but I can move around.

The OS is... interesting; I don't like needing virus protection software, system updates, and all of that though. For general use I stay with SL; when I want to play games, however, I go with Win7.
QUOTE Thanks
jetmech1

jetmech1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB

I was a Windows user a lot longer than I have been a OS X User and I hate using Windows computers at work or repairing them on the side. My whole family prefers Mac now. Still have 3 Windows PC's left at home, but the don't see much use.

Mac Mini - 2.5 GHz i5 - 8 GB - 128 GB SSD & 1 TB HD - 2 Apple 23" LCD
15.4" Unibody MBP - 2 MacBook Airs
2 iPads, 3 iPhones, 3 iPods, 1 Apple TV
QUOTE Thanks
Gold68

Gold68 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27 in 2.7GHz intel Core i5 16 gb a 4S iPhone 16gb and 2 iPod Touch

Can't say I'll never go back to windows, as I have to fix and work on them...BUT APPLE ALL THE WAY!!!!....oh yea Baby!
QUOTE Thanks
Ttaylor394

Ttaylor394 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '10 21.5iMac self update-1TB 16GB-'12 MBP13 self update 1TB 16gb-32GB&16gb iphones-32GB iPad,

Some similarities here. The only time I use windows is at work, and very little there I should add. I don't have to worry about the mouse issues since I use the trackpad al the time now at home. When ever I pick up an old school mouse i just revert to the 'right click' mentality. Copy, paste, undo are all the same to me still.
With all that, my switch in Feb/2011 has been seamless.

21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 
QUOTE Thanks
Gandalph

Gandalph has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.

The only time I use Windows now is to let some fresh air into the house.
QUOTE Thanks
MACyMouse

MACyMouse has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs

Try working on windows at work with a very outdated browser!!! And because we have 200+ computers in this company which all have to stay the same, they won't upgrade.

From what I know tho, we are getting a huge overhaul next Feb. 2012.... still windows but hopefully better software!!

I've crashed 5 times so far this morning................. I want my Mac!!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACyMouse View Post
I've crashed 5 times so far this morning................. I want my Mac!!
I would shoot myself! ...or the computer.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« desk top icons for links anything else | Auto Response Nightmare »