New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Safari...on Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ddarbyshire

ddarbyshire is on a distinguished road

Hey so on my old Laptop running Vista i only ever used Safari but it did have alot of issues with loading pages and freezing and sometimes the runtime errors and java script failures, but what i want to know is whether Safari runs better without the problems on Mac?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Never had issues running Safari on Mac or PC to be honest.

It's always been quick and stable.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

How old was that laptop?
How fast was your connection?
Maybe it wasn't the software at all.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

I can't think of anything that ever ran to its full potential on Vista. The short answer is yes - Safari runs great on the Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
ddarbyshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
How old was that laptop?
How fast was your connection?
Maybe it wasn't the software at all.
Laptop was about a year or 2 old, Acer. Connection was always excellent and very fast - Internet explorer and firefox never had any problems just Safari.

Thanks for everyone's answers.
QUOTE Thanks
tomelk31

tomelk31 is on a distinguished road

I have run Safari on Mac and PC. It runs a lot better on Mac. Seems a lot faster.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Let me put it this way -- I don't even know what a "runtime error" IS.

I've tried them all, and Safari 5.1 is the best browser around (on the Mac). Especially when you add a few selected extensions.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Runtime errors.

You won't have the same runtime errors on the Mac simply because the underlying operating system is entirely different. Give Safari a try and if you don't like it (or find that you have issues with it as well), give another browser a try. Some good ones include Chrome, Firefox and the lesser known Opera.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Good point, Van. Although I personally think Safari is awesome, we don't lack for choices of browser on the Mac platform, including a few that are Mac-only.
QUOTE Thanks
ddarbyshire

Yeah totally agree had the Mac less than a day now and Safari is far superior to any web providers i've used on windows, but i did try to download internet explorer on here to get to get on to some stuff which is only available when using explorer but it is like going back to the stone age! It is dire, and slow is an understatement. I think safari shall be my future.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I've tried them all, and Safari 5.1 is the best browser around (on the Mac). Especially when you add a few selected extensions.
With Lion, dont even bother installing 5.1 with Snow Leopard, download any version before it.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
PatM

PatM is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina

Safari was not my browser of choice on SL. But since I installed Lion it has surpassed all others IMHO and is now my browser of choice. Fast, stable and leading the pack. I use windows very little now so I am unsure how it performs outside of the Mac OS.

Regards,

Pat

15 " 2013 MBP OS X Ver. 10.9.1 16 GB Memory, 500 GB SSD, Retina, 2.3 Ghz I7, 30GB IPhone 5, 2012 Mini Cooper JCW Coupe, 2014 Toyota Corolla, 2007 Trailblazer, 2 RC Planes, 1 fantastic wife who puts up with my toys. Still Married After 30 Years.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook pro but grandpa is dead | Mail, junk mail and Viruses »