New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Genius Appointment tomorrow *How can I password protect email?*

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pollofrito81

pollofrito81 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Black, 2.0 C2D, 2G RAM, 120G HD

As the title suggests, I am taking my macbook in tomorrow to hopefully get the case replaced due to cracking. I doubt they will be able to fix on the spot. I currently have my mobileme mail syncing to mail program on my macbook. Is there an easy way I can prevent a tech from checking my mail on my macbook?? Perhaps unregister the mac from mobileme? Will that delete the emails and contacts off the server though? Will it delelte everything when I reregister? Can anyone help me??? Maybe password protect the mail app from launching at all? Please help!!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Create a new, non-administrator account for the tech - call it "Apple". Disable automatic logins if you haven't already. Give the tech the username and password. This way, they can still log in if they need to, but they won't have ready access to your email, docs and data.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
pollofrito81

pollofrito81 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Black, 2.0 C2D, 2G RAM, 120G HD

Thanks, i simply wiped and reinstalled. Took it to the genius, he repaired it, and i restored via Time machine.

Its like I have a new laptop again. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP connect imac to surround | Safari froze »