Thread: Newbie here

Newbie here
    I wanted to say hello to everyone in the forum. I have been a MAC user since Nov 2007 and swear by MAC. I had some growing pains, but all is well now.

My wife actually got me started on MAC because she used to work for the local newspaper and a bunch of the people there used MACs and swore by them.

The reason I stick with MAC was one instance that happened to me about 2 years ago. My job requires me to deploy to certain areas under rough conditions. One day we were unpacking a truck and the person unloading the truck threw my backpack out the back, which had my MBP in it. It hit the ground (about a 5' drop) and it sounded like it hit pretty hard. I was certain that my computer was finished. I got back to my room and hit the on button. To my surprise it turned on and I haven't had really any problems. I did have some water drip on the keyboard that did ruin the eject button and my down arrow keys. Other than that, I swear by MAC.

My laptop is going on 4 years old now and if all goes well I will be getting a new MBP in Sept.

Patriotfirst out.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Welcome to the Mac Forums. Your post was moved to the correct forum as it does not belong in the "Lounge". Be sure to read our forum descriptions before posting. Thanks.

Mac Mini Core 2 Duo
    Almost 4 years using a Mac... and you consider yourself a newbie to this forum only, or to Macs as well? In either case, welcome!

MacBook Pro 15", i7 2GHz Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, OS X 10.7.1 - iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by patriotfirst View Post
    My laptop is going on 4 years old now and if all goes well I will be getting a new MBP in Sept.
    Now THAT is what I am talking about!! Precisely a major factor that pushed me towards a MBP, tough and long lasting. The rest has just been beyond any cherry on top.

On a side note, thanks for your service and sacrafice patriotfirst. It is very much appreciated.

Thread Information