New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Another Happy Mac convert

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bob_Stan

Bob_Stan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.5 Ghz Quad Core i7,SSD,3TB Fusio Fusion,32GB . MBPro 2.2Ghz 128GB SSD, 500GB HD, 8GB

After the pleasant experience with our new iMac, I just purchased a Macbook Pro for my work. Because I was spoiled by the bootup times of our iMac with a SSD, I elected to get the Macbook with a 128 GB SSD. I stayed at that size because of cost considerations. I then used an OWC Disk Doubler to install an additional 500 GB Seagate Momentus Hybrid drive for additional storage. While I no longer have the internal optical drive, I don't miss it and can always hook it up as an external.
I can't say how impressed I am with the construction of the Mac, the quality of the products from OWC along with their detailed instructions, and the overall "Mac" experience.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I can't say that I have never encountered problems or frustrations after switching, but as a whole it has been one of my better decisions. Glad to see it has been the same for you.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Congrats mate.
I have recently seen some Videos of a member that has a SSD in his MBP running Lion and how quick it booted up with his Start Up Items there as well . . . . Super Duper quick, but i can't justify the price atm with the casual Mac use i do with it . . .
Envious though

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
jrector

jrector is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13", 8gb RAM, 750gb HD

Switched in February and never looked back. Best computing decision I've made.

MacBook Pro 13", 8gb RAM, 750gb HD.
IPad 2, 16gb, Wifi - 3G.
iPhone 4, 16gb
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to Mac! | Snow Leopard, Safari upgrade, now running slower »