New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Upgrading RAM

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FuzzyStorm14

FuzzyStorm14 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch

I have a White macbook mid 2010 onward 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo with 2 gb ram. I want to upgrade my Ram to the maximum possible (4gb), does anyone know a reliable and decently priced play to buy the memory?

Also if i dont buy it from the apple store and i took my macbook and the memory into the store, would they fit it for me?

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
ulises71945

ulises71945 is on a distinguished road

I just bought some for my 13" MacBook. I found the best prices on Amazon.com & Newegg.com. I was able to replace it with a few minutes. All you need it a really small screw driver (size zero). Look up YouTube videos on how to replace it. Trust me, it's really simple.
QUOTE Thanks
FuzzyStorm14

Mac Specs: MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch

sounds good. will have a scan on amazon. thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Try here - I bought NuRAM from them and it has been working great. Plus they show you what will work in your Mac - so you can search for better prices if you choose.
Apple Mac Memory Upgrade Options: Easy Buying Guide, Free Install Videos. Memory backed by Lifetime Advance Replacement Warranty.
Usually most RAM works but Macs can be finicky so it is always best to get Mac specific RAM or buy from a place with a good return policy.
QUOTE Thanks
FuzzyStorm14

cool. will have a look on tht 1 as well. cheers
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

In the US, Other World Computing (macsales.com) has a stellar reputation. In Canada, I recommend CanadaRAM.com.

Neither is always the absolute cheapest, but they are both Mac-knowledgable, great service and stand behind their stuff -- the very qualities people SAY they want, but then they go to Wal-Mart anyway because its a buck or two cheaper. Sigh.
QUOTE Thanks
FuzzyStorm14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
In the US, Other World Computing (macsales.com) has a stellar reputation. In Canada, I recommend CanadaRAM.com.

Neither is always the absolute cheapest, but they are both Mac-knowledgable, great service and stand behind their stuff -- the very qualities people SAY they want, but then they go to Wal-Mart anyway because its a buck or two cheaper. Sigh.
I'm in the UK though would that cause any issues?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyStorm14 View Post
OWC ships to the UK, Australia, Canada, and many other countries, however, it's probably best to buy the memory locally in the event you have to return it.
QUOTE Thanks
MacGandalf

MacGandalf will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7, iPhone5, iPad4, Apple tv3, iPod5

Quote:
Recently bought 2x4GB modules for my iMac from Crucial. Great service, next day delivery.
See: RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com/uk

MacGandalf: Have waited all my life for a woman with a sword to come rescue me!!
QUOTE Thanks
jif

jif is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27' iMac i5 (2010)  iPad2  iPhone5  iPhone 4S  Apple TV2  iP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGandalf View Post
Recently bought 2x4GB modules for my iMac from Crucial. Great service, next day delivery.
See: RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com/uk

I've just uprated my iMac from 4 to 12 gig using crucial. This was recommended by the chaps in here and their service was first class

27' iMac 2.8ghz intel quad core i5  white iPad2 32 gig wifi only  white iPhone5 16gig  black iPhone 4S  black iPod touch 8gig  80gig iPod classic  apple TV2  2TB crap dog slow time capsule 
QUOTE Thanks
Gandalph

Gandalph has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 8 GB Ram.

Quote:
In that case go to Crucial. Download there RAM Scanner and they will suggest what RAM you can fit.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Sorry I didn't notice you were in Scotland. Crucial is an excellent choice for those in the UK.
QUOTE Thanks
FuzzyStorm14

Put in the order at crucial yesterday, they were excellent, should be arriving today at some point.

Thanks for all the help people!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Notes | Recent apple convert going for a mac mini server! »