How do I save the apps I purchased for my imac?
    Well, I can be more specific since I have so far only purchased one app. Sorry, but I'm not used to downloading mac apps so this is a newbie question. I purchased a copy of Mental Case or my imac (and another copy for my ipod.) I haven't been using Time Machine or any other back up. Ready to remedy that. But I'm thinking of doing a clean install of Snow Leopard and doing a full backup right afterwards with Time Machine and/or SuperDuper. Will I need to purchase another copy of Mental Case? If not, what do I do to save the copy of Mental Case that I bought so that I can reinstall it once I have the clean install of Snow Leopard done? I don't know how this process works. Will it just force me to uninstall it when I burn it to a disc? Crap I am totally clueless and Mental Case is too bare bones to explain it.

Once I have an image of Snow Leopard I will also buy Lion and back that up, assuming Mental Case works with Lion.

3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppo2 View Post
    Well, I can be more specific since I have so far only purchased one app. Sorry, but I'm not used to downloading mac apps so this is a newbie question. I purchased a copy of Mental Case or my imac (and another copy for my ipod.) I haven't been using Time Machine or any other back up. Ready to remedy that. But I'm thinking of doing a clean install of Snow Leopard and doing a full backup right afterwards with Time Machine and/or SuperDuper. Will I need to purchase another copy of Mental Case? If not, what do I do to save the copy of Mental Case that I bought so that I can reinstall it once I have the clean install of Snow Leopard done? I don't know how this process works. Will it just force me to uninstall it when I burn it to a disc? Crap I am totally clueless and Mental Case is too bare bones to explain it.

Once I have an image of Snow Leopard I will also buy Lion and back that up, assuming Mental Case works with Lion.

3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
    If you bought them from the Mac App Store, you can re-download them from the MAS after you wipe the drive.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    If you bought them from the Mac App Store, you can re-download them from the MAS after you wipe the drive.
    I did. So I guess my App Store account holds them for me. Kind of like an Amazon account holding ebooks for me. I didn't think of that. Thanks

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    But yes, you should be making regular backups of all your digital purchases (and everything else for that matter.

Thread Information