New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iTunes transfer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

EBrown22

EBrown22 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I am ordering my MacBook Pro tomorrow and wondered how iTunes will transfer to the Mac or if it will at all. Also, I have an iPhone 4 and wondered if it will now be possible to sync it on my Mac because I had tried to get music from a friend and was notified I could only sync from one computer. These may be pretty dumb questions but I have never owned a Mac and figured this was the best place to ask. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Demapples

Demapples is a jewel in the roughDemapples is a jewel in the rough

You certainly can transfer you iTunes library to your new MacBook, but do tour homework with Google searches first to plan the steps appropriate for your setup. An iPhone is designed to sync with an Apple computer through iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks
jreilly37

jreilly37 is on a distinguished road

When you get your new MBP, download iTunes but don't open it, replace the iTunes folder on your new MBP with your old iTunes Folder. This will ensure you keep your playlists and all of your settings. I copied my old iTunes folder to an external HD and then copied it to my MBP when I got it, made the transfer much faster than doing it across the network.

I don't know anything about synching the iPhone.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't Launch links in e-mail | Pop-up dictionary in Lion »