Thread: flash

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 13"
    flash
    My wife and I are regional coordinators for Quilts of Valor. A local news station interviewed us yesterday and the story ran on the news last night.

I've gone to their website and have tried without success to play the video. I installed the click to flash app. When I press the flash icon in the embedded window, I just get a blank space. No video.

Here is the link:

Volunteer Spirit: Stitching for soldiers

Does anyone else have a problem viewing this? Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong.

thanks for any advice.

John

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Works fine for me here. What exactly do you see where the Flash video is supposed to be? If you see the word "Flash" try clicking there and it should load. I have not used Click to Flash but it's probably just a setting that needs to be changed.

BTW What a marvelous project you two are involved in. Thank you.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 13"
    Thanks. It is a very worthwhile project. You'll never know the feeling of gratitude that we feel until you are able to hand a quilt to a hero (either 20 years old or a veteran of WWII or any other war). They are so honored to be remembered and we are so honored to be able to personally say thanks!

I see a greyed out video window with the word flash in it. When I click on the word, the entire video area goes white. No spinning wheel, no black square....Nada!

I'm going to uninstall click to flash and see what happens.

Specs:
    2015 rMBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 6, iPad mini, 13" MBP, AppleTV and two MacMinis
    The white square stayed white for a while for me. The website took some time to download the video, then it played just fine. I do use click to flash, so it should work for you.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    To eliminate install/browser issues, download, install and use chrome and try that
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
    Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    To eliminate install/browser issues, download, install and use chrome and try that
    Yep, Chrome works out of the box, no need to have flash installed on your machine (it also gets rid of the annoying updater, it's all browser specific, very stable, by far the best browser.)

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Click to Flash also has preferences where you can turn it off entirely (ie allow all Flash) for a given website. You might try that also.
    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/members/mrplow.html
    When I was using Click To Flash, my experience mirrored jakerich's. You'd click on the grey box that said "Flash" and then it would go white and then after a few moments evidence the video was starting to load would appear.

I now just use AdBlock, which blocks the Flash ads I find *incredibly* annoying while keeping text ads and other most non-annoying Flash elements in place. In combination with HTML5 replacers for video and audio, I've found my happy medium with Flash.

Thread Information