New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

flash

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

afriqueart

afriqueart is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

My wife and I are regional coordinators for Quilts of Valor. A local news station interviewed us yesterday and the story ran on the news last night.

I've gone to their website and have tried without success to play the video. I installed the click to flash app. When I press the flash icon in the embedded window, I just get a blank space. No video.

Here is the link:

Volunteer Spirit: Stitching for soldiers

Does anyone else have a problem viewing this? Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong.

thanks for any advice.

John
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Works fine for me here. What exactly do you see where the Flash video is supposed to be? If you see the word "Flash" try clicking there and it should load. I have not used Click to Flash but it's probably just a setting that needs to be changed.

BTW What a marvelous project you two are involved in. Thank you.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
afriqueart

afriqueart is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

Thanks. It is a very worthwhile project. You'll never know the feeling of gratitude that we feel until you are able to hand a quilt to a hero (either 20 years old or a veteran of WWII or any other war). They are so honored to be remembered and we are so honored to be able to personally say thanks!

I see a greyed out video window with the word flash in it. When I click on the word, the entire video area goes white. No spinning wheel, no black square....Nada!

I'm going to uninstall click to flash and see what happens.
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, 13" MBP and MacMini

The white square stayed white for a while for me. The website took some time to download the video, then it played just fine. I do use click to flash, so it should work for you.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

To eliminate install/browser issues, download, install and use chrome and try that

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Sonicjet

Sonicjet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 13' Macbook Pro i5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
To eliminate install/browser issues, download, install and use chrome and try that
Yep, Chrome works out of the box, no need to have flash installed on your machine (it also gets rid of the annoying updater, it's all browser specific, very stable, by far the best browser.)
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Click to Flash also has preferences where you can turn it off entirely (ie allow all Flash) for a given website. You might try that also.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/members/mrplow.html
When I was using Click To Flash, my experience mirrored jakerich's. You'd click on the grey box that said "Flash" and then it would go white and then after a few moments evidence the video was starting to load would appear.

I now just use AdBlock, which blocks the Flash ads I find *incredibly* annoying while keeping text ads and other most non-annoying Flash elements in place. In combination with HTML5 replacers for video and audio, I've found my happy medium with Flash.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where is "Format" on a Mac? | Switcher with photos -- some wiser words »